Thursday, August 25, 2011

Joshua's Quote of the Day

On Monday, Joshua was playing at Jeremy's football practice and was dirt from head to toe. He stuck his thumb in his mouth and I said "Yucky! Doesn't that taste bad?" He said "No Mama, it's quite tasty!!" What a hoot!!! Where does a 2 1/2 year old come up with comments like that?

Tuesday night Di came home at 8:45 p.m. from teaching class, to towels all over the floor and the steam cleaner sitting out. Her comment, "oh, this can't be good!! What has Joshua done now?" He had poured a large bottle of concentrated Dawn foaming dishwashing liquid in the back of his Lightening McQueen ride on toy. I had asked him to take it back out on the porch, but he wasn't moving so Jeremy, not knowing the compartment contained liquid, picked it up and all of the soap ended up on the carpet, in the recliner and on him!!!!! What fun that was to clean up:-) Guess that's what I get for taking 2 minutes to look at the paper!! Oh the joys of parenthood!!

Wednesday's quote wasn't really for Joshua, it was for Jeremy. He wasn't feeling too good before football practice and wanted to stay home. I said "If you aren't puking or running a fever, you are playing football!" I was then labeled worst mother of the year. Until after practice and it all went well, then I wasn't so bad:-) I may, and I do mean may, have known what I was talking about;-) (But probably not!!)

Jeremy's first day of 5th grade went well and he likes his teacher, Mr. Scheiner. He walked to school, rather than me take him. We'll see if that's still the case when it's raining or cold!!! He called me this morning at 7:25 and said he was already at school. I told him that he didn't have to go that early:-) School opens at 7:30. Guess he didn't want to be late!!




1 comment:

Mary Kay said...

Precious, precious, precious! That's all I have to say about this post.